Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Homework Assignment - January 2-8

1st Week Assignment – January 2-8

The first week will be spent reading and taking an inventory of where you are currently at.

Here is what I would like for you to complete by January 8.

Pick three days in a row and write down everything that you put in your mouth for those three days. This includes any drinks, food, and don’t forget those little taste testing from the silverware when you are preparing food for your family. The purpose of this is to begin making you aware of what you are eating. Bring your list with you on January 8. I will give you an opportunity to share any thoughts about this on January 8, but you are not required to share if you don’t feel comfortable sharing.

Read the following chapters in the Fire Up Your Metabolism:
Introduction
Chapters 1-5 & 7
Chapter 6 – for those people who currently skip breakfast

Journaling (This is private & you decide what to share & who to share with)
I suggest writing down your thoughts and feelings as you begin the program. Write down your goals for the program and what you hope to achieve. I also suggest that you write about how you currently feel about your body and view yourself. Remember Fire Up Eating is a journey and what you feel about yourself today is the starting point. You are driving the car in this journey and you can have a different finishing point if you don’t like your body or have a negative view about yourself; there is hope for change and you can change.

Our next Fire Up Club meeting is Monday, January 8, 7-8pm at CFC. Please be prompt since the Pilates class is meeting at 8pm.

I will be reviewing the basic Fire Up Eating principles on January 8 and we will officially begin incorporating the eating principles on January 9.